Frequently Asked Question Regarding Auto Collision Repair
Who should I call first if I am in an accident?
- Call the police immediately. Even if the damage is minor, it is best to get a full police report on what happened. Memories, injuries and feelings have a tendency to change with time, so protect yourself and get a police report for all accidents involving a moving vehicle. In this day and age, it really is better to be safe than sorry.
Should I get a signed statement if I wasn’t at fault?
- Absolutely! If you can get someone to sign a piece of paper that states they were at fault and ran the stop sign, etc. this could help you immensely in the future. Many people decide to change their minds the next day and deny any wrong doing, so get something in writing right away if possible.
Do I have to use the body shop the my insurance company recommends?
- NO! You do not have to use the body shop that your insurance company recommends! Your insurance company does NOT have your best interests in mind. They have THEIR best interests in mind! In the majority of cases, the choice is yours by law. Do not let your insurance adjuster “steer” you into a auto body shop that basically will repair your car or truck as cheap as possible. Read More on Steering Here:
If my vehicle frame is damaged will the insurance company total it?
- Not necessarily. Your car or truck becomes a “total loss” only when the price of repairs will be greater than the insurance company’s determined value of your car.
- Most newer cars are built with what is called a “uni-body” construction. Elite Paint and Body Shop’s highly trained professionals can return most vehicles with bent frames to their original factory specifications. And if we can’t, we’ll tell you the truth.
Can you match my car’s paint color?
- Yes, in most cases we can. Elite Paint & Body Shop takes pride in our ability to match most any factory or custom finish color. And in many cases the paint you receive from Elite Paint & Body is of better quality than the original paint.
Does Elite Paint & Body Shop guarantee their work?
- Absolutely. For as long as you are the owner of the car or truck. We stand behind our work.